BIKER ENFORCEMENT UNIT ARREST AND CHARGE OUTLAW MOTORCYCLE GANG MEMBER
(OTTAWA, ON) – A three-month investigation into the drug trafficking activities of a Loners Motorcycle Club (MC) member has concluded with an arrest and charges, as well as the seizure of firearms, drugs and Outlaw Motorcycle Gang (OMG) vests and clothing.
Project BRINDLEY was led by the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Biker Enforcement Unit (BEU), with assistance from the OPP Community Street Crime Units (CSCU) and Ottawa Police Service. The investigation began in January 2022 after information was received regarding drug trafficking activities of a Loners MC member in Ottawa.
On March 30, 2022 the OPP BEU, CSCU, Emergency Response Team and Canine conducted a search warrant at an address in Ottawa. As a result of the warrant, investigators seized over 60 grams of cocaine, a quantity of oxycodone tablets and psilocybin, two ballistic vests, a .22 caliber rifle, a 9mm rifle with modified barrel, two magazines, ammunition, over $1,800 CAD currency as well as a Loners MC and Dirty Dozen MC vest and clothing.
William SCHARF, age 48 of Ottawa, has been charged with the following nine Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and Criminal Code offences:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine CDSA 5(2)
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine CDSA 5(2)
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Oxycodone CDSA 5(2)
- Possession – Psilocybin CDSA 4(1)
- Possession of Firearm contrary to Prohibition Order CC 117.01
- Possession of Restricted Firearm CC 95(b)
- Careless Storage of Firearm CC 86(1)
- Possession of Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order CC 117.01
- Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Firearm CC 91(1)
The accused was remanded into custody and appeared at an Ontario Court of Justice in Ottawa on March 31, 2022.